Register for Saperavi International!
Rules only For Foreign wine companies.
The Second “Saperavi International” will be held in Georgia, on May 2021, organized by the Georgian Wine Association, supported by the National Wine Agency of Georgia.
Aims of the Competition:
- To increase awareness of Saperavi, red grape variety worldwide.
- To introduce the best Saperavi wine to the world (both from Georgia & other countries)
Terms and Conditions for participation:
- Competition is open to any company producing wine by any technology exclusively from Saperavi* grape variety.
Conditions for entering the Saperavi International:
- Wines entered must be bottled;
- The competing wines must come from a consistent batch of at least 400 bottles and be stored with the intention of being sold;
- Bottle labels must include following information:
- Name of the producing company, individual or cooperative
- Brand name
- Grape Variety
General conditions for sample shipping:
To compete, the wines must come from a consistent batch. Each sample entered must meet the following conditions:
- 2 bottles per entry (75 cl bottles)
- Bottles must display their commercial label
To enter the competition participants must send a completed form by email to email@example.com before 23th of April, 2021.
Samples must be delivered to Georgian Wine Association, 12. Mtatsminda str. 0108 Tbilisi, Georgia From 19 to 30 April, 2021. Delivery times are Monday to Friday from 13am to 17pm.
Transport costs are at the expense of the participant and at his/her own risk (shipping, customs and taxes to be paid by the sender). Samples can be sent via the carrier of your choice. Any samples sent freight collect will be rejected. Samples that do not comply with competition rules will not be returned and will remain the property of the Georgian Wine Association.
Entry fees and methods of payment:
Complimentary, due to the shipment costs.
Sample checks and storage:
The Georgian wine Association will check all samples received and their accompanying documentation. Samples which do not comply with all clauses of the rules will be rejected. The competition’s organizer will store all samples in a secure location where temperature and general conditions ensure the wines enjoy optimal conditions.
Samples will be assessed by national and international judges, whose number will depend on the amount of wines entered in the competition. Anonymity of the wines is a fundamental principle of the competition.
A diploma certifying the reward, will be handed or addressed to the owner of the wine declared on the registration sheet.
* Saperavi: Saperavi is the most widespread Georgian red grape variety, which can be found in every vineyard of the Kakheti winemaking region as well as in almost all other regions of Georgia. High-quality red dry wines with great potential for ageing are produced from Saperavi grapes. Saperavi grapes are also used in the productions os sweet, semi- sweet, and rose wines. The following local branded wines are made of Saperavi: Mukuzani, Napareuli (Red), Akhasheni, Kindzmarauli and variety branded – Saperavi.